Besides the prevention of cruelty to animals the foundation aims to support young people in need. These objectives are achieved by:-
- Financial and non-financial support of projects for the protection of animals
- Instruction and practical training of young people to render them more susceptible to the plight of animals in our modern world
- Acquaintance of young people with the possibilities of the protection of animals in general
- Financial and practical support for disadvantaged young people
- Campaigning for a heightened awareness of the rights of animals.
The foundation is a non-profit making and charitable organisation in accordance with German law. It was established by Karin and Bernhard Szech who used their private financial resources.